Score Your Current Service Lane Selling Process
There are 3 elements of a Service Lane Selling Process:
- The Process itself: What is ‘supposed’ to happen in a progression of steps
- Compliance to the Process: What percentage of time does each step of the Process actually happen
- Quality of each Step: How well is each step of the Process performed
- Short Review: Score each step of your Current Process…this will give you a Score for your Process
- Expanded Review: In Addition, Score the current Compliance in each step of your Current Process…this will give you a Customer Experience Score
- Liqqid Dealership Process Review – PDF Print Version
Do You Have Any Gaps in Your Process?
Anything That You Could Improve On?
If so, the ‘trick’ is to determine the priorities for improvement that will give you the biggest and fastest ‘bang for the buck’
…and make it happen with a plan and timeline that is:
- realistic for your dealership
- with your staff
- with your resources
- and what you want to accomplish
A Quick Process Review Summary
How are inbound appointment calls handled – Service Appointment Coordinator / BDC / Advisors / Other?
Are appointments assigned to individual Service Advisors?
Is there a day-before review of customer history and other time and/or mileage based maintenance services due or past due?
If other services are due or past due, is this information sent to the customer in advance of the appointment?
Is a Walk-around performed when the customer comes in to determine any other obvious needs?
If so by whom?
Does the Service Advisor present all time and mileage based maintenance services that are due or past due before the vehicle goes into the shop?
If so, how do they determine and present that information?
Are any needed repairs as determined by the Technician Inspection returned to the Service Advisor in ‘1/4 time’?
How immediately and by what method are needed repairs presented to the customer?
When the customer picks up their vehicle, does the Service Advisor review all upcoming time and mileage based maintenance services that will be due on the next visit?
Does the Service Advisor set the next service appointment at that time?